12.03.2012

Make way for Tofurkey!


I know, I know, it's been years since I have posted anything new! Shame on me! I'll try to catch up ... So, first, it's holiday season. Our Thanksgiving break was just long enough to make us feel how exhausted we were, and I had the chance to eat a delicious traditional meal prepared by my favorite roommate. The only unconventional dish was Tofurkey for an assistance mainly composed of vegetarians ...

Well, tofu or not tofu, it was delicious and we filled our bellies watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special ... Unfortunately I do not have my DVDs of Friends here, otherwise I would have rewatched the Thanksgiving episodes, always the best ...




In case you would still doubt it, Heather takes her decorations very seriously, whatever the occasion ... And again, this is nothing compared to Christmas ... but I'm getting there!


While we ate, my Circle buddies roamed the streets of New York, orchestrating false marriage proposals ....

Another event worthy of notice, we had our first fake dance auditions... Usually on Sunday (this morning it was 8:30 ... youhou ...), they are designed to put us in conditions for professional audition ...


Everyone manages rejection as they can... Finnish vodka is an option!
Photo by Kaleigh

 And no, I have not been cast, neither in the first nor in the one of today (not quite "happy" enough, I hear... really? What a surprise! :P) ... It was a Mary Poppins theme, so the choreography was bouncing!


It's a lot of fun, it's just eats half of our weekend that is already pretty short ... oh well. It's not as if we were tired or anything ...


Anyway, apart from all that I lug myself around with both ankles sprained : the right from habit, the left because I foolishly took BH Barry's bait, implying I was lazy because I wanted to protect my crazy joints. As a result, I tried to land a handspring on my feet when I'm not even supposed to do a simple jeté in dance classes. Stupid, stupid, stupid.


Fortunately in two weeks I'll be coming home and I can go wish a merry Christmas to my osteopath ... who does not cost $300 per half-hour, as here. Speaking of Christmas, I'd rather tell you they take it pretty seriously here ...






Photos by me and Heather

And as I have the good fortune to live with a holiday freak, I have my own Winter Wonderland at home now that we decorated the trees (yes, the trees, plural) ...





And you've seen nothing yet ... Below is a short video to give you a better idea ...

 

I admit, the last few weeks have been difficult, and I cannot manage to keep my spirits up because of the fatigue ... I feel like I suck at everything, the school and the translation, and in addition I spend my days struggling to stay focused ...

 So I gave myself small Christmas gifts in advance! Who said I had too much wool???


It is not yet too cold, New York is beautiful whatever the weather ... I am big hit with my old coat that everyone hates in France, I don't go a day without someone being ecstatic over it lol! It shows, I just need to  find where my peculiar sense of style would be appreciated at its true value ... :)


Picture by Kaleigh


Ah yes, my brother has been there in the meantime, and is ready to come live in NYC ...

Well, on this I leave you with a Christmas picture with my beloved group who's going very well ! Lots of kisses darlings, until soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment